Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day

Tomorrow is one of the most critical days in the life of our country that I have seen to date. I plead with all Christians to get out and take part in the process. I was in shock as I heard yesterday how in the last presidential election only about half of the 60 million evangelical Christians in America voted. That is pitiful! Yet I hear complaint after complaint in those same circles about decisions being made in our country. If we don't get up and take part in the process then we have no right to complain. If you are unsure who to vote for then get online tonight and educate yourself on the candidates and the issues they support. As a christian it should not be hard to decide after reading those. How any christian could possibly believe in the bible and vote for Obama makes no sense to me.

The other thing we need to do besides vote is PRAY!!!! That is where the power is! 2 Chronicles 7:14 says that, "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Christians....vote and PRAY!!!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Amen sister! And, if I was 18, you betcha that I would get out there and vote for the change as well :) Love you, Mrs. Jeannie!

Alice said...

that's right, jeannie! been praying, will continue on. i feel confident in mccain/palin and will continue to pray in that light.

Nana said...

Certainly have been praying. If McCAIN wins I feel God is giving America another chance. If Obama wins we are in deep trouble.